SERVICESShuriken Systems is dedicated to developing the fastest, smartest, most effective, and most visionary tools and methodologies for helping individuals and organizations cut through the noise and get down to business-- whatever that may be.
Shuriken Systems principal Kurt Haug has extensive and specific expertise in business functions including:
- International Business Development-- Kurt launched, grew and managed 26 sales offices and subsidiaries in 16 countries on every continent except Antarctica. While living in Tokyo (Kurt is fluent in Japanese), he was a key industry figure in the American Electronics Association (AEA), Business Software Alliance (BSA) and many other government/industry interest groups-- all while running international operations representing 60%+ of corporate revenue for a U.S.-based corporation.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Startups-- Personally involved in 7 startups over the last 25 years, including 1 successful IPO and 3 very profitable M&A transactions. Kurt has raised over $100M from a network of over 100 VCs worldwide and served as board member, advisor and consultant to numerous startups and venture capital groups.
- Sales-- Achieved forecast revenues 38 out of 40 consecutive quarters and NEVER overspent an expense budget. He has personally carried over 1/2 billion USD in sales quota.
- Marketing-- Managed multimillion dollar offline global marketing budgets and mass media activities for global operations with the strongest ROI in company history. For example, one online marketing program alone improved click-throughs by an average of 1,280%.
- Training-- Taught Executive (C-Level) Sales and Business Acumen training seminars and workshops on a global basis. Kurt developed curriculum and taught university and professional classes in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and Creativity.
- General Management-- Spearheaded turnarounds resulting in 10X improvement in shareholder value. Kurt has mentored as well as had operational responsibility for budgeting, forecasting and business planning (both strategic and tactical) at the highest levels of companies both public and private. His strong financial, P&L orientation as a trainer, mentor and coach--as well as a "hands-on" operator-- make him uniquely qualified to add value to a wide range of enterprises.
We have specific and applicable experience in markets including:
- Social Media
- Consumer electronics
- Commercial construction
- Rapid prototyping manufacturing
Contact us for suggestions.